“If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” – Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook.
The entrepreneur is an innovator or developer who recognizes and seizes opportunities; converts those opportunities into marketable ideas; adds values through time, effort, money, or skill; and implement the ideas. Recent research has found out following facts about entrepreneurs.
- 85% entrepreneurs fail in the first year.
- 60% entrepreneurs had no prior experience at the time of starting the business.
- 73% entrepreneurs have no formal training on entrepreneurship.
- 30% children studied in government institution opined that they have not been taught in entrepreneurship.
- 27% employments are the entrepreneurial venture.
- 93% entrepreneurs are situation specific.
- Family support, market demand and bank financial assistance are the major factors for becoming entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurs are cold-blooded killers. They do not share, even with nearer.
- One-third of the new entrepreneurs is younger than 30 years of age.