To be successful, you need to have a positive mental attitude. A great percentage of successful people have all experienced some sort of setback or failure. No matter where you are in life, there is always more to reach for. When you constantly strive to become a better person, refine your skill set and invest in your future daily, you become more as an individual. And, that is the keys to success.
- Identify Your Passions/Strength. “Know thyself”- Dale Carnegie. Identify the things you love to do (passions), the things that give you satisfaction. Identify your biggest strengths and make sure you use those strengths in your journey to success. Finding your passion may be the most difficult part of your life, but once you find it, you will stop at nothing to make your success come true. Identifying your passions, interests, and values will help you to set your goals.
- Set The Goal For Your Life. “A man without a goal is a boat without a sail.”- Proverb. Without a clear life’s goal, daily duties can become drudgery. Knowing your life’s goal can increase your motivation and satisfaction. People who know what they want and have set a course for achieving their goals are generally happier than those that just let life happen to them. If you don’t have goals or plans then you are going to be a part of other people’s plans. Be sure to address both short-term and long-term goals.
- Commitment to The Journey. It is the key to success. Because you will always see things that make you want to run. But you have to put your faith on the table. You really have to stand against all odds. It takes courage. And when you do this, you will succeed. So, always remain committed to your journey to success.
- Manage Your Time. “Time and tide wait for none”- Proverb. If you don’t know when you will achieve your objective by, then it’s hard to assess your mission. Give yourself a timeline; that is difficult but doable. Use a sense of urgency to make the most of your time. Working without time plan can cause you unnecessary stress, and increases the likelihood of errors. Manage the time, so that you have enough time to complete a task effectively. Make a list of all the things you need to do with a given time plan, and check off each task as you complete it. Thus, you will stay organized and motivated.
- Increase Your Confidence. Success is just as dependent on confidence as it is on competence. “Never quit, never stop” should be your ideology. Work hard to get success and that will grow your confidence. If you don’t have a high self-confidence then most probably you will be too shy of presenting your ideas and you may give up your dreams.
- Believe In Yourself. Trust yourself and believe in your abilities. When you believe in yourself, others tend to believe what you have to say. Know who you are, what your values are, and what you stand for. Have the courage to draw your own road map for life. Live only according to your own expectations.
- Remain Prepared For The Unexpected. Sometimes in life; it can seem like things just won’t go right, then in some cases they may go horribly wrong. You must understand that no amount of knowledge can prepare you for a chaos that will inevitably hit you throughout your life. Always remain prepared for the unseen and unexpected. You should always have a Plan B.
- Don’t Fear Failure. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”- Henry Ford. Look at the babies. Babies learn how to walk correctly after falling again and again. Failure is almost always placed at odds with success. Without failure, few would know the way to success. Most people have experienced some success; have failed at some point. So, never give up and try again if you have failed.
- Take Calculated Risks. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”- Helen Keller. Step out of your comfort zone. Successful people think big and act big. Don’t wait for opportunities to fall in your lap. Sniff them out. Life is more fun and exciting when we take risks. Take calculated risks; it should not be taken for risk’s sake.
- Have An Open Mind. Times do change and it’s important that we keep an open mind, when it comes to new ideas and ways of thinking. We have the habit of holding on to what we believe is the ONLY way to think. So, don’t try to force your beliefs onto others. Have an open mind to new ideas and ways. Create the habit of “Shut up and listen”. Know when to close your mouth and listen. Everybody has something to share. Constantly seek out new experiences with no fear.
- Don’t Stop Learning. Develop a love for learning. There is no ending of learning. You may be a graduate, but it does not mean you stop learning. Take part in seminars; read something new every day; surf the net. Even learn from your mistake and from others.
- Look After Yourself. “Wealth can’t buy health.”- Kanye. Take care of your health and mind. Eat a balanced diet with necessary nutrients. Get a good night’s sleep and get enough rest regularly. Do exercises to remain fit. Enjoy with your friends and family- have fun in life. Never take yourself so seriously that you’ve forgotten how to laugh or be silly. Overall live a balanced life to be successful.
- Respect Others. Always be humble and respect others. Remember, you don’t have to trample over other people to become successful. No one wants to associate themselves with a pompous prick who is only interested in themselves. You may not necessarily need someone now, how do you know that they won’t be useful to you in the future? Also, respect is reciprocal. You are respected only when you respect others.
- Work Hard. Success requires hard work. Live every day like it’s your last and work hard to achieve your goal. Don’t keep it for tomorrow. “I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing … hard work and a certain sense of purpose…. I think I had a flair for … (my work), but natural feelings are never enough. You have got to marry those natural feelings with really hard work.” – British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
- Don’t Compare Your Own Life to Other Peoples’ Lives. Never get jealous about others achievements, rather work hard to reach greater heights. Many of us have the tendency to compare the low points of our lives with the high points of other peoples’ lives. Remember that no matter how perfect somebody’s life may seem, behind closed doors everybody deals with tragedy, insecurity, and other difficulties.
- Emotions Should not Guide Decision-Making. Effective decision-making is one of the most important tasks achieving success in every part of life. You must know that, when you are angry, frustrated or tired, it’s not a good time to make decisions. An emotional decision often turns into wrong decision. Rational thinking and decision-making do not leave much room for emotions. So, your emotions must not guide your decision-making.
- Make Self-Examination A Habit. In life, you will make mistakes, your attitude will change and you will grow. But if you don’t take the time to examine yourself and your attitudes along the way, you run the risk of becoming stagnant and brittle. And brittle is a good candidate for crumbling dust. It is crucial that you reflect on the mistakes you made and what you learned from that experience, so you know not to make those mistakes again. So, make self-examination a habit.
Most important for your success above all are “KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid” and positive mentality of yours.